1. DONALD JOHN TRUMP was born on June 14, 1946, in Queens, New York, one of five children to Fred Trump, a real estate developer, and Mary Anne MacLeod Trump, who had emigrated to the United States from Scotland.
2. Due to misbehaving, Trump’s father sent him to military school, New York Military Academy, when he was 13.
4. For five years, Trump worked for his father, who owned about $250 million (in 2017 dollars) worth of apartment complexes in Brooklyn and Queens.
5. He married Ivana Zelnickova, a former Olympic skier and model, in 1977. The couple had three children, Ivanka, Eric and Donald Jr. The pair divorced in 1990.
6. In 1984, Trump Tower on New York's Fifth Avenue was completed. The 664-foot building has condos, retail shops, galleries, restaurants and offices.
7. Trump has written or co-written several books; his first, "The Art of the Deal," was published in 1987.
9. In 2015, he announced his candidacy for president of the United States. After winning the Electoral College vote over Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, Trump was inaugurated as president in January 2017.
10. Trump is the wealthiest president in U.S. history, ahead of John F. Kennedy. As of 2017, Trump's net worth is $3.5 billion, according to Forbes.